When you gamble online, no matter if it’s just a few bingo cards, a few spins on your favorite slot machine or even a bet on football shown on TV, it should be fun. When it’s no longer fun, perhaps because you have gambled a little too much or are chasing loses then take time out to seek a little help. All online gambling sites display banners that link to
Staying in Control
Most people do gamble safely and within their limits although, for some, gambling can be a major problem. When you gambling please be mindful of the following.
- Gambling should be fun and entertaining and not a means of making money
- Only ever gamble what you can afford to lose
- Never chase losses
- Monitor the time and amount you gamble
If you think you have a problem with gambling then read and honestly answer the questions below:
- Have you ever stayed away from work to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from an unhappy life?
- When you don’t have money to gamble do you feel lost and crave the need gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you lose control when you gamble, often spending far more than you intended?
- Have you ever lied as you were embarrassed to admit your loses?
- Have family or friends ever criticized your gambling?
- Has your gambling made you lose interest in your work, friends or hobbies?
- Do your frustrations and disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Does your gambling make you feel depressed or even suicidal?
If you answer ‘yes’ to the above questions, it’s possible you are developing a gambling problem.
If you have any concerns about your gambling, why not take an independent and anonymous survey to help you understand more? You can take the self-assessment provided by BeGambleAware